We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at YCombinator, and our open source repository has gathered more than 5k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company. You will be instrumental in creating a product that looks and feels great as an integrated entity. While you will primarily focus on frontend development, we will actively include you in every step of the database engine's design and development.
- Design and build all internal and user-facing UI
- Maintain well-tested and automated software releases
- Ensure compatibility with back end database functionality, APIs and technologies
- Collaborate with designers to ensure design specifications can be translated to working features
- Align the design and feel of new and existing features to ensure a consistent user experience across our platform
- Engage with the community to promote new features and to gather and integrate feedback
- 3+ years experience working with React, Node.js or TypeScript
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of expertise
- The ability to understand, shape and deliver against customers' requirements
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience writing contract tests
- Experience with cloud-native technologies
- Experience using Docusaurus
- Contributor to open source projects
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment (Mac or Linux or Windows)
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues and a fast paced, friendly and agile environment
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.