We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at YCombinator, and our open source repository has gathered 7k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers.We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
Overseeing People and Talent Acquisition, you will be a critical part of our growing company, helping us scale the team during a period of explosive growth. You will enable us to scale recruiting and onboarding at the cadence needed to double the size of our team. You will drive the hiring process for all roles, including candidate management, screening, evaluation process, closing, and onboarding. You will help us fill our open positions and build a team that successfully executes our mission to empower developers working with time series data.
- Implement and oversee recruitment strategy and HR budget
- Scale processes and hiring in order to double the size of the team
- Working closely with founders to advise them on HR & People Strategy
- Hire and manage the Talent team at QuestDB
- Be a trusted advisor on employment laws and contracts
- Work jointly with Operations on the legal and labor considerations for new subsidiaries and international entities
- Providing data analysis and insights on hiring costs and activities
- Keeping up to date with regulatory requirements
- Giving counsel and overseeing complex employee relations issues
- Strong communication, influencing, and stakeholder management skills
- Ambition to work autonomously in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- A motivated and proactive individual with the ability to adapt and the mindset of continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills for building KPIs and communicating insights
- Excellent written and communication skills
Candidates who have these qualities would stand out:
- Experience leading Talent in a technology company with a high standard
- Strong knowledge of employment law and global compensation strategy
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment (Mac or Linux or Windows)
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues and a fast paced, friendly and agile environment
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees' strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.